United States | July 21, 2023
Report as Closed
Company: Digitech Sourcing
Salary: $130,000 - $160,000
We are an early-stage FinTech startup based in the US and we have been on a very successful journey of growth over the last three years. After having recently secured some millions in funding, we are about to transition to the next level of hyper growth to build even more phenomenal products, whilst also working towards building an A-Player engineering team. As the senior backend software engineer (Python / Django) this is a very important hire for the business.
We are a payments platform who are revolutionizing the way nonprofit, sports, esports, education, and companies disburse funds through virtual and physical debit cards. We are looking for a senior software engineer who has a vast amount of experience in Python & Django and will be backend focused. This right person will have an entrepreneurial mindset and someone who wants to build innovative solutions that make a difference to this industry.
About the Role:
As the senior software engineer, you will be working closely with the frontend engineer, head of engineering and the founders. As the senior backend engineer, you will be leaned on heavily to shape the direction of our product and infrastructure and will be looked at as a technical leader within the team. You should be someone who loves to code and enjoys diving into the deep technical details of how we implement features, while also being able to think strategically and articulate the bigger picture.
We also value somebody with an interest in taking on a leadership role in the future. We believe strongly in promoting from within. As we scale, you’ll be leaned on to coach the engineering team while building and maintaining a positive engineering culture. We will also support you if you are looking for more of an individual contributor role. Please do not let this put you off if leadership is not the road for you. We’d still love to talk to you!
Day to Day Responsibilities:
While you could find yourself involved in many different initiatives across the business, your primary responsibilities as the senior software engineer will be:
- Act as a technical leader and lead technical strategy
- Write code focused on scalability, supportability, and maintainability
- Trouble shoot complex issues
- Oversee and deliver the technical roadmap established with product leadership
- Champion good habits within the team (development techniques, security, tech-debt balance, test-driven development, and agile methodologies)
- Continuously improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
Essential Qualifications for Senior Software Engineer:
- Financial services background (payment gateways, Insurance, payment platform, banking, wealth management, crypto etc)
- You must NOT require sponsorship, you must already be living in the US as a citizen or have your own visa permit and be based out of the US
- Proficient in our tech stack: Backend: Python + Django/Django-Rest-Framework is essential
- Experience with generic foreign keys / DRF serializers and viewsets
- AWS infrastructure experience (not essential) if you have worked with other cloud software’s
- $130,000 -$160,000 base salary
- ESOP Program (Stock ownership)
- Fast-growing payments platform
- Fully remote in the US (head office based in the US)
- Lead Backend Engineer - career development opportunities and more.
PLEASE NOTE: you must be based in the US and NOT require sponsorship.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $130,000.00 - $160,000.00 per year
Supplemental pay types:
- Python (Required)
- Django (Required)
- Financial services (Required)