Terakeet is the preferred owned asset optimization (OAO) partner for Fortune 500 brands seeking meaningful customer connections and online business growth. We help brands optimize and unify their owned assets to meet consumers as they search for solutions. Terakeet is a virtual first organization.
At Terakeet, we're comfortable with the uncomfortable. We live in the future of marketing and are revolutionizing how the world's most valuable brands connect with their audiences. We are experts who deliver exceptional outcomes. Together, we win. This is a remote position.
The Software Development Manager at Terakeet is responsible for managing and providing day-to-day leadership to the software development team of front-end and back-end developers. This person will be responsible for developing talent, building systems that scale and building products that meet our evolving business needs.
The Software Development Manager will report directly to the Sr. Vice President, Project Management Office (PMO).
This opportunity is a remote role.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions:
- Provide technical leadership to a team of 9 backend and frontend engineers.
- Implement best practices and champion standards for software development, e.g. CI/CD pipelines and code reviews.
- Maintain a high performing culture with an emphasis on continuous improvement, learning, innovation and operational excellence.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including Product Management, Data Science, Data Engineering and Technical Project Management to deliver impactful products and continuously evaluate the way to deliver short and long term solutions.
- Oversee the end-to-end Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), to ensure delivery of high quality code and features that meet the business needs.
- Identify and mitigate risks and bottlenecks that may impact the timeliness of delivery.
- Conduct regular performance reviews, provide constructive feedback and develop growth plans for team members.
- Stay up to date on industry trends, emerging technologies and apply this knowledge to improve processes and drive innovation.
The above description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years experience in a managerial role developing engineers with languages such as Ruby, Python, or PHP in modern frameworks like Rails, Django or Laravel.
- 3+ years of hands on software development experience, preferably with web applications.
- Experience with Jira.
- Experience successfully presenting technical proposals to non-technical audiences, especially leadership teams.
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD systems, application deployment strategies, and monitoring.
- Proven experience leading and motivating teams of software engineers.
- Ability to recognize the need for continuous process improvement and provide creative solutions.
- Willingness to partner and roll up your sleeves and collaborate with cross-functional teamsExperience designing, maintaining, and optimizing database applications: PostgreSQL or MySQL preferred.
- Excellent technical communication skills.
The salary range for this role is $112,000 to $168,000. *This salary range is based off of the market pay for all of the United States; Terakeet applies a multiplier to this range based upon the specific geographic location of a job candidate*
Terakeet provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.